The information on this page may have changed.
Please click to your page. Click for more information on Internet Issues.
Last Updated: June 7, 2022
BigIron Auction Company (“BigIron”, “We” or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.bigiron.com (our “Website”), or use our BigIron Auctions mobile application (the “App”) (the Website and the App will be collectively referred to as the “Services” throughout) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website and in the App.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you when using the Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or the App.
This policy will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Services, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“Personal Information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services such as name, address, and phone number. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, requesting a bidder number, requesting a listing for your item, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your suggestions that you submit through our “Make a Suggestion” form.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
- Your search queries on the Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Services to you.
- To provide you with information and updates related to auctions in which you are a bidder or seller, or related to products that you have searched, added to your watch list, or otherwise expressed an interest in.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business as follows
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BigIron Auction Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by BigIron Auction Company about users of our Services is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of or Terms and Conditions of Sale https://www.bigiron.com/TermsAndConditions?readOnly=Trueand other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BigIron Auction Company, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by adjusting your contact settings by going to the “Your Account” page and selecting “E-mails & Text Messages,” or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com . If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
You may choose to opt in to receive text and/or email messages us from us related to auctions in which you are a bidder or seller, or auctions in which we think you may be interested. Please visit the “Your Account” page and select “E-mails & Text Messages” to opt in or out of these notifications.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Surveys & Contests
From time to time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Services or through any of its features, register on the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective Date: December 13, 2021
Last Updated on: December 13, 2021
Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information. Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers (name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, or company name)
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) (name or telephone number)
- Commercial information (records of products purchased)
- Internet or similar network activity (website search history or information on a consumer’s interaction with a website)
- Geolocation data (zip code, country, or province entry)
- Inferences drawn from other personal information (website behavior)
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Services.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Services, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, BigIron has disclosed personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
We do not sell personal information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, BigIron has not sold the following categories of personal information to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below. For more on your personal information sale rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
|Personal Information Category||Category of Third-Party Recipients|
|Business Purpose Disclosures||Sales|
|A: Identifiers.||Service providers||None|
|B: California Customer Records personal information categories.||None||None|
|C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||None||None|
|D: Commercial information.||None||None|
|E: Biometric information.||None||None|
|F: Internet or other similar network activity.||None||None|
|G: Geolocation data.||None||None|
|H: Sensory data.||None||None|
|I: Professional or employment-related information.||None||None|
|J: Non-public education information.||None||None|
|K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.||None||None|
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the "right to know"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “right to delete”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
- Calling us at 1-800-937-3558.
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
You may also make a request to know or delete on behalf of your child.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make it.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact email@example.com.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use Personal Information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: P.O. Box 266, 213 Beaver St., St. Edward NE, 68660.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will post the updated notice on the Services and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
In compliance with the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we may rely upon one or more legal bases defined in the GDPR to collect, use, share and otherwise process the Personal Information of individuals located in the EU, including where:
- Necessary to perform a contract we have with you, such as our terms of engagement, and to provide the services;
- You have consented to the processing (in which case you may revoke your consent at any time);
- Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Necessary to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- Necessary in the public interest; and
- Necessary for the purposes of BigIron or a third party’s legitimate interests, provided that those interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Marketing our products: We use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in marketing our products to you. For example, where permitted by digital marketing law, we may contact you by email to let you know of products you might be interested in.
- Providing, improving and developing our products: We use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in tailoring and improving our products. For example, we may send you a survey or questionnaire to understand your experience in purchasing from us.
- To access the personal data we maintain about you
- To receive information about how we process your personal data
- To correct your personal data
- To have your personal data erased
- To object to or restrict how we process your personal data
- To request your personal data be transferred to a third party
- To withdraw any consent you may have given us to process your personal data
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, the ways in which BigIron collects and uses your information described here and in the
, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
BigIron Auction Company
Attn: Bill Coleman, Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 266, 213 Beaver St.
St. Edward NE, 68660